We are having a very successful Summer Reading Club with many more kids signed up than ever before! Yay!
But we are short on medals and our readers are reading so much. If anyone has any medals to spare we would love a few extra.
NEEDED: 15 SRC Medals.
Please reply to this post !
Lindsay or Jackie at firstname.lastname@example.org , 250-265-3363
Lindsay and Jackie
Nakusp Public Library
As you well know, it can be a challenge to predict how many kids will register for the BC Summer Reading Club each year. Sometimes you may end up with more materials than you need and sometimes with less.
To best balance our resources with our ever-changing demographics, BC SRC’s amazing web guy, Neil Firkins, created a way for us to “exchange” materials — right here!
Anyone can comment on this blog. To post on this blog, you will need to register as a user. (Please see below for instructions on how To Register as a User — it’s easy!).
And, just to help us stay organized, please use the format outlined below.
To post materials available/materials wanted:
1. Title: please enter the type and quantity of materials wanted/available.
Example: Materials Available: 50 Reading Records
2. Message: please enter the following:
a. Name of your library
b. Name of contact person(s)
c. Best contact email/phone
3. Category tags: please select either:
a. Materials Wanted or Materials Available
b. You are also welcome to post pictures, etc. about SRC events and displays at your library (just use the category: SRC at our library)
To use the Comments section:
- Use the comments section to request the posted materials and/or to advise that you will send materials. (It’s up to the sender and receiver to coordinate details.)
- Once the materials are gone or you have received enough, either note that in the comments or delete your post
To Register as a User:
- If you are the BC SRC contact person(s) for your library, you are already registered. Not sure? Check your inbox (or spam folder) from April 1, 2016 and look for subject line: Welcome to BC Summer Reading Club 2016. You are ready to start posting!
- If you are not the BC SRC contact person for your library, and would like to register as a user (so you tell us about SRC happenings at your library!), please send an email to email@example.com and we will get you registered.
The Exchange is a place where you can notify other libraries that you are running low on something (Materials Wanted!) and/or have extra materials to share (Materials Available!)
Here’s how it works
- Log in with the user name and password sent to you in an email. Log in URL is Login
- The first time you log in, you’ll be asked to change your password, which you will find under Profile.
- Once logged in you’ll see your Dashboard. Go to Posts in the left side menu.
- Next to where it says Posts, click on the Add New button.
- Fill in the title so that it reads something like this, Rossland: We Need Reading Records
- Then in the body text type something like this:
- Before submitting the post for review, it is important to assign one of two categories to the post. Either Materials Wanted or Materials Available. To do this, look on the right side of the edit window and you should see a box called Categories, just tick the appropriate box.
- Then hit the Submit for Review button.
All submitted posts are held for review and then published by admin. Once published, you’ll see something like this on the website.