It’s time to start thinking about SRC themes for… 2022!! (Our 2021 theme is Mystery).
First though, we want to do a little brainstorming and we’d love your help! Are there any theme suggestions you’d like to have included in the mix? Add a comment or use the form below and we’ll add them to the list!
We’ll leave the brainstorm open till August 15th. The following week we’ll send out a short-list of themes and then it will be time to vote on the three “finalists”.
Suggestions so far:
- All Together Now (emotions/sharing/mental health)
- Fizz, Boom, Read (science/learning)
- Paws to Read (pets/animals)
- Dream Big – Read (growth/dreams/learning)
- Environment / Nature
- First nations theme – spirit animals (Activity ideas: kids creating their own family pole with meaningful spirit animals)
- Brainstorming – Just as you wrote in your email, and also a little play on Victoria Public Library’s recent marketing award.
- We All Belong (celebrate diversity/multiculturalism)
- “Underground”, Sub-theme ideas: Tunnels (Chunnel; railway construction; mining (Britannia Mine partnership?); gold rush), Animal homes (BC animals including Burrowing Owls; badgers; moles), Geology (caves; rocks and minerals; volcanoes; plate tectonics; earthquakes), Archaeology, Paleontology (who doesn’t like dinosaurs?), Utilities (sewers; wells; water mains; fire hydrants; electrical conduits; underground streams), Bugs (ants, worms, bacteria), Underground Railway, French underground resistance in WWII, Underground homes for people (e.g. Coober Pedy in Australia), Bunkers, Catacombs
- Way back when (history);
- The future is now (discoveries, trends, growing up, imagining the future);
- Around the world in 7 weeks;
- Explore the Biomes: animals, vegetation, weather and conservation
- Ethnic/First Nations’ Canadian Heroes