Some of you in the Lower Mainland may be interested in letting your SRC readers and their families know about summer programs at The Learning Disabilities Society!
LDS works with a roster of over 30 qualified instructors, who are all SRSD (Self Regulation Strategy Development) trained and certified, a model based on 50 years of research in cognitive science and educational psychology. Many instructors are certified BC teachers, some with specializations in Orton Gillingham. For more information on SRSD, please click here: https://srsdonline.org/about-SRSD/
- Summer Program: July 2 to August 15
- Fall Program: September 9 to June 20
LDS works one-on-one with each child and their family to develop a plan for diagnosis and remediation. Children complete our programs with a keen understanding of their learning strengths and challenges and the tools and strategies to help themselves through high school and beyond.
- 1:1 Individualized Instruction, which assists students in achieving expected competencies in core academic skills such as literacy and numeracy.
- SRSD Model, which includes a structured set of student strategies that develops student ownership and confidence and allows them to take responsibility for their own learning.
- Progress Monitoring, which is used to assess students’ academic performance, to quantify a student’s rate of improvement or responsiveness to instruction, and to evaluate the effectiveness of instruction.
To register for our summer or fall program, please visit: http://ldsociety.ca/program/